This is an original quote from my Parisienne friend Melina who – TRUST me – knows what she’s talking about! We spotted great examples of the blazer-mania all over Paris but also elsewhere in the fashion landscape. HOW to wear it? Take inpiration from these stylish ladies:
Swedish newcomer model FRIDA GUSTAVSSON during London fashion week in an old-school tweed blazer spiced up with vintage denim shorts and overknee-socks. Very brit!
Pic via Altamira.
Rumi from fashiontoast pairs her double-breasted vintage blazer with a short slipdress and all-black-accessories like the Alexander Wang Diego bag.
Ashley Olsen wears her grey wool blazer with a thick oversized scarf, cut-off black skinnies and classic pumps.
Same blazer, different outfit! I love how she can pull of a look that consists of only classic pieces like a cardigan, geek glasses and jeans and still look incredibly cool and sexy. Ashley, you’re my style goddess!
Pics via Olsen’s Anonymous.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Wear a classic cardigan in bottle green with nothing underneath. I found this one at Topshop for £ 38.
2. Wear it with BASIC black skinny jeans like the Acne Kex Smooth and CUT THEM OFF right under your ankle! It’s the new thing. Slashed denim is sooo last season;-)!
3. Geek glasses in brown add a touch of “librarian”. These are the Ray Ban Wayfarers in Dark Havana.
4. Double-breasted blazer jacket from Miss Selfridge for £ 25. If you want to invest into a more special piece check the Vanessa Bruno Athé collection at La Garconne.
5. Finally a pair of classic pumps like the Louboutin Décoletté 100 jazz pumps will round this look.
So ditch your wool coats this fall: it’s all about the blazer! Got it;-)?